Tuesday 9 April 2013

Central Saint Martins Short Course- day 2

Second day of the short course and today we spent the time researching for our musical influences project. First we went to the V&A, where we looked round the historical costumes exhibition (permanent exhibition) and took photos and sketches. We then went to the David Bowie Is exhibition. I didn't really know anything about David Bowie before I went but I found the exhibition really interesting. It was quite a large exhibition which you really need at least an hour and a half to look round. What I found most fascinating was how involved Bowie is with all the creative aspects of his career from his costumes to even what is sold at his concerts. His style is so creative and unique it was a great exhibition to go to. 
In the afternoon we went to the CSM Kings Cross campus to visit the library. The new site has only been there for a year and a half but it is an amazing building. I think it used to be an old factory but it is now the site where all the degree courses are taught. Seeing the amazing site really made me want to go there when I go to uni!
Tomorrow we are doing a day of fashion illustration which I am really looking forward to.
Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment